Returning to Humboldt

Who is a returning student?

You are considered a returning student if you previously attended Cal Poly Humboldt and wish to return to complete your undergraduate degree after an absence of two or more semesters. 

We are glad that you are interested in returning to Humboldt.

Returning after an approved leave of absence

  • per the terms of your leave, you do not need to reapply to Humboldt. Contact the Office of the Registrar at 707-826-4101 or with any questions.
  • If you have been away from the university longer than the terms of your leave, see below.

Returning after being away 2 years or less

You may be eligible to return without needing to reapply. If you meet all the following criteria, you may request to re-enroll with the form below. 

  • You are an undergraduate student or a post-baccalaureate student pursuing a second bachelor’s degree.
  • You attended at least one semester
  • You have been away for two to four semesters (two years or less)
  • You were in good academic standing or on probation when you last attended Cal Poly Humboldt.* (Disqualified status does not meet the eligibility requirement.)

Request to Re-Enroll


Fall Semester: Submit Request by July 15
Spring Semester: Submit Request by December 5

*If you were enrolled at another institution during your absence from Cal Poly Humboldt, you must have been in good standing or on probation when you last attended. You must submit official transcripts from each institution attended during your absence to Cal Poly Humboldt. See sending transcripts to Humboldt for instructions.

Returning after being away for MORE than 2 years

Undergraduate students who wish to return to Cal Poly Humboldt after an absence of MORE than 2 years must reapply for admission.

Cal State Apply

Application Time Periods

Spring semester: Applications will be open from August 1 to September 30.
Fall semester: Applications will be open from October 1 to February 28.

Cal State Apply Extended Profile

Please indicate on the Extended Profile of the application (Calstate Apply) that you are a Returning Student to Humboldt and include your Humboldt ID number.

Quadrant 2  - Academic History

Tile 1 Colleges Attended Indicate Cal Poly Humboldt, Degree in Progress, type of degree planning to earn, and dates of attendance. If you have earned over 90 semester units, you must reapply to the same major you previously pursued at Cal Poly Humboldt. If you attended any school during your absence from Humboldt you will need to include this information, and request an official transcript from that institution to be sent to Cal Poly Humboldt.

Tile 2 Transcript Entry will indicate:
Returning Applicants: If you are returning to the same CSU that you last attended and have not taken any college courses at another institution, select "I Am Not Adding Any College Transcripts." If you have taken courses at another institution, enter the coursework for that institution.

Once you have applied to Humboldt, please log into myHumboldt.  There, you will find outstanding requirements from your previous attendance and/or for your new application. Please check Student Center and your email regularly.

If you were a student involved with the Educational Opportunity Program at Humboldt, please contact the EOP Admissions Office at 707-826-3778 to inform them of your intent to return. They will be able to help you with the process.

Returning Admission Requirements

  1. You must have a cumulative GPA of 2.00 in any college coursework taken after you left Humboldt (if any).
  2. You must be in good standing at the last institution you attended if other than Humboldt.
  3. If you are applying to an Impacted major, you will need to meet the additional criteria to be eligible. If you do not have the required coursework, you will need to return to Humboldt as an undeclared major, take the appropriate courses, and then petition the department to change majors.

Returning after being academically disqualified

You will need to reapply and petition for reinstatement to the university. See Disqualification & Reinstatement for instructions.

2022 Annual Security Report

Pursuant to the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the 2022 Annual Security Report (ASR) is now available for viewing at The ASR contains the current security and safety-related policy statements, emergency preparedness and evacuation information, crime prevention and sexual assault prevention information, and information about drug and alcohol prevention programming. The ASR also contains statistics of Clery crimes for Cal Poly Humboldt for 2019, 2020, and 2021. A paper copy of the ASR is available upon request by contacting the Title IX & DHR Prevention Office located at:

212 Siemens Hall
1 Harpst Street
Arcata, CA, 95521
(707) 826-5177

For more information about Clery Compliance, please visit: