Transfer Eligibility



To qualify for regular admission as a transfer student you first need to determine if you are a lower or upper division transfer student. 

Have less than 60 semester units or 90 quarter unitsHave 60 or more semester units or 90 or more quarter units 
Have a grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 (C) or better in all transferable units attemptedHave a grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 (C) or better in all transferable units attempted 

Complete the following with a C- or better:

  • Written Communication (College English)
  • Mathematics/Quantitative reasoning
Within those 60 units, have completed at least 30 units of general education (GE) coursework.

Meet requirements for first-time freshmen:

As part of those 30 GE units, have completed, with C- or better,  all four of these subject areas (Golden 4):

  • Written Communication
  • Oral Communication
  • Critical Thinking
  • Mathematics/Quantitative Reasoning

Note: All Fall 2023 Lower-Division applicants will be evaluated using the Multi-Factor Admissions Criteria posted on the First-Time Freshmen Eligibility webpage and criteria 1-3 posted above. If you did not complete all the subject requirements in high school, appropriate college courses may be used to make up the missing subjects. Non-residents must meet the eligibility index for nonresidents.

  • All required subjects must be completed before the first term at Humboldt. Fall applicants must complete all admission requirements before summer begins.

  • Applicants to the following majors may be required to meet supplemental criteria due to transfer major impaction:  Nursing (R.N. to B.S.N.)

If you did not complete all the subject requirements in high school, appropriate college courses may be used to make up the missing subjects. Non-residents must meet the eligibility index for nonresidents.

California Transfer Associate Degree Process

You can qualify for transfer to a CSU and earn an Associate's degree in specific majors at your community college simultaneously. 


October 1-November 30August 1-September 30Apply for admission at
October 1-March 2October 1-March 2File for Financial Aid with FAFSA at Financial Aid awards are for academic year; fall-spring
Approximately 2 weeks after application submissionApproximately 2 weeks after application submissionReceive welcome email from Humboldt State. Check the email account, including spam, included in your application submission. Follow steps in email to set up your "myHumboldt" student portal and access all necessary links to continue in enrollment process
March 1October 15Submit official in progress transcripts. Two rounds will be required; one demonstrating your progress so far, and one for final grades of your last semester
As soon as it appears in myHumboldt to do listAs soon as it appears in myHumboldt to do listComplete Financial Aid student authorization. Submit IRS forms for Financial Aid purposes. Find information in myHumboldt student center to do list
4-6 weeks after in-progress transcripts arrive4-6 weeks after in-progress transcripts arriveAdmission decision letter will be sent within 4-6 weeks of receiving in progress transcripts
15 days after receiving denial15 days after receiving denialAdmission decision appeal letters are due 15 days after receiving an admission denial. This can be accessed through myHumboldt
May 1NovemberAccept admission on myHumboldt student portal. Without accepting admission, you will not be able to move forward in the admission process such as registering for courses
Beginning March 1N/A - will be done for youRegister for Registration Tutorial on myHumboldt student portal. This will become available once your full file has been reviewed and you've accepted admission.
April, May, June, August (4 sessions)1st week DecemberParticipate in an online registration tutorial at a designated time frame. This is how you will learn to register for courses and see how your courses transferred in. You will also be introduced to your academic advisor
April, May, June, August (4 sessions)1st week DecemberConnect with academic advisor and address your intended schedule for the next 3 semesters
April, May, June, August (4 sessions)1st week DecemberAcademic Advisor will release hold on your account. Register for courses
July 15January 15Submit final transcripts after grades have posted
Beginning of AugustBeginning of JanuarySubmit tuition payment with Student Financial Services. This can be accessed in myHumboldt under Financial Matters. Students will be dropped from classes for non-payment

Course Transferability

Prudent planning for courses at your community college or current institution is to look ahead at the course requirements for your intended major at the course catalog and/or the recommended progress with Major Academic Plans (MAPs). Keep in mind, these are recommendations, and not all courses listed are required for degree completion. Comparison to the course catalog is strongly recommended to determine full requirements. Most community college course catalogs list each course as either college transferable or not. Within California Community Colleges they often list if it will be accepted to the CSU, the system that Cal Poly Humboldt is a part of, for transfer credit. Sometimes community college courses, even if applicable to an associate's degree, may not be counted upon transfer. All college level courses passed are accepted for transfer. Courses being accepted for transfer credit does not automatically mean they will be accepted as equivalent courses or as substitutes. To determine how your courses might transfer and which substitutes, also known as articulations, will be met visit either or You may also do a reverse search utilizing the above course catalog information.


Accreditation is the authorizing that a curriculum is approved and consistent to meet certain academic criteria. This is a system that can be used to ensure that graduates have certain base knowledged and that courses from other institutions will meet these same basic curriculum requirements. There are different types of accreditation, both for an entire institution as well as individual academic programs. The most widely accepted type of accreditation is "regional" and is what is required by Cal Poly Humboldt. Many institutions may have a "national" accreditation instead of or in addition to, but this alone will not suffice for transfer credits to Cal Poly Humboldt. Cal Poly Humboldt is regionally accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC). If you are looking ahead at which universities you would like to transfer to, this is helpful to view far in advance as it can save much time and money to ensure that your current courses will be accepted for transfer. 

To find out if your previous institution(s) are/were regionally accredited visit and "look up a school": Once you learn the accrediting agency if it exists, you may see if the accreidtting agency will suffice to meet accreditation requirements for transfe courses at For more information and further understanding on accreditation visit: 

2022 Annual Security Report

Pursuant to the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the 2022 Annual Security Report (ASR) is now available for viewing at The ASR contains the current security and safety-related policy statements, emergency preparedness and evacuation information, crime prevention and sexual assault prevention information, and information about drug and alcohol prevention programming. The ASR also contains statistics of Clery crimes for Cal Poly Humboldt for 2019, 2020, and 2021. 
A paper copy of the ASR is available upon request by contacting the Title IX & DHR Prevention Office at (707) 826-5177 or by email at Their mailing address is: 
212 Siemens Hall
1 Harpst Street
Arcata, CA, 95521

For more information about Clery Compliance, please visit: